Hopefully this will help, if you need to know anything else call us on 0115 9404100
- Q?WHAT ARE MY OBLIGATIONS AS A COMPANY OR TRAVELLER USING YOUR SERVICE?
Our main concern is to ensure we are able to communicate effectively as both our travellers and ourselves are dependent on the actions of other parties such as Client Travel Bookers, Airlines and Air Terminals and we advise as follows:
- Always check that your travel dates, times, and flight numbers are correct especially if travelling across time zones.
- Tell us correctly of the number of travellers and the amount of baggage involved.
- Always ensure that we have your mobile phone number and that you have our emergency number – (only to be used in the event of a true emergency).
- Remember, the traveller is first to know when a flight is delayed, cancelled, or rerouted, if this is likely to affect scheduled arrival by more than 30 minutes, you must always notify us.
- Turn on your mobile phone immediately after arrival.
- When leaving the Arrivals Hall check carefully for our driver sign.
DO NOT LEAVE THE AIRPORT TERMINAL
- Q?IS YOUR SERVICE 24 X 7 AND ARE THERE ADDITIONAL CHARGES FOR LATE NIGHT, EARLY MORNING, OR PUBLIC HOLIDAY COLLECTIONS?
A. Yes we operate around the clock. We also need to cater for the world’s different time zones and to interface with other transport services. In some circumstances, and to certain destinations, for journeys required between 02h00 and 05h00 we offer a discounted tariff. Go to our “OFFERS” page to learn more. Our overiding concern is to ensure our drivers are alert and above all safe for night time driving conditions, and particularly during periods of poor weather.
We do levy a surcharge on journeys requested over Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Q?MY FLIGHT ARRIVES WELL AHEAD OF SCHEDULE. CAN I BE CONFIDENT YOU WILL BE THERE TO MEET ME?
Our driver work schedules are programmed to dovetail with the daily bookings of our clients. This means they are geared to coincide with the time booked by the client which in turn is also the arrival time published by the Airlines. Our primary mandate is to be on site to meet passengers at that appointed time. However, we are totally reliant on the information provided by the Airports and the Airlines, and it is not always possible to determine exact landing times. Therefore, should a flight arrive substantially earlier than scheduled, a factor over which we have no control, we will endeavour to ensure we are there to meet our passengers at the time originally requested.
Please take into account that our drivers, in many instances, will have had to negotiate the busy UK Motorway network and have encountered unforeseen or unavoidable problems that create delays.
Please ensure that your mobile phone is switched on so that our driver can contact you and do not leave the terminal building.
- Q?I AM HELD UP IN PASSPORT CONTROL. WILL MY DRIVER WAIT FOR ME?
We never abandon a client at the Airport, and allow up to an hour after the flight has landed to establish contact with the passenger before we leave. The process we adopt to locate you is to make the following contacts:
- Your mobile telephone, if we have been given the number (correctly). Ensure yours is switched on.
- The Airline Carrier to establish if they are aware of any issues creating a delay
- Immigration (via the grey phone) to see if you have been delayed there.
- Baggage Reclaim to ascertain if there are any delays or losses creating a hold-up.
- The Information Desk to request a tanoy announcement.
- During office hours we will, if possible speak with a representative of your company or the person who arranged your travel.
Do not forget, that for after-hours difficulties your company should have given you our emergency telephone number that is manned 24hrs a day. You should try to establish contact as soon as possible. Where delays are significant, there will be additional charges, for which we would seek approval before extending the time involved.
- Q?DUE TO BAD WEATHER MY FLIGHT HAS BEEN DIVERTED TO ANOTHER AIRPORT. WILL YOU COLLECT US FROM THERE?
As previously stated, the traveler is usually the first to know of any flight changes, and we urge you to advise us as soon as you are aware of such changes. The Airlines and Airports of scheduled arrival are usually slow to provide timely information of such events. Where we receive adequate advance information concerning a flight, we shall, wherever possible, attempt to have a vehicle and driver available to collect you wherever you land. Please note that in extreme weather conditions it may not be safe for us to make such changes and any arrangements for your transfer will fall upon your appointed carrier. Where we can assist we will, and at the first available opportunity contact you to alert you to what we have planned. As a result of making diversions and rescheduling there may be some extra waiting time involved, so we ask you to be patient. Obviously there will be additional costs involved and we would seek approval of these before committing ourselves to undertaking this extra work.
- Q?THE VEHICLE TO COLLECT US IS NOT LARGE ENOUGH, WHAT WILL YOU DO?
We dispatch a vehicle based on the number of passengers and quantity of luggage identified at the time of booking. It is the travellers’ and hence bookers’ responsibility to ensure that the volumes involved are correctly stated at the outset. We are unable to guess. If we are faced with more passengers or luggage than we can carry, we would make contact with associates in the area to acquire another vehicle to assist. This will inevitably incur additional costs. In cases where it is volume of luggage only we may be able to store the luggage at the airport and have it brought to our eventual destination later that day.
- Q?SOME OF MY LUGGAGE WAS NOT LOADED FROM THE BAGGAGE CART INTO YOUR VEHICLE, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?
Your luggage / property is at all times your own responsibility. Our drivers will willingly assist you with your luggage at every step of the way, but they cannot be held to account if items are lost, stolen or go missing. Our Insurers have made it quite clear they will not indemnify us if such scenarios occur. Therefore it is in your best interest to watch over the driver to ensure all of your personal items are correctly stowed in the vehicle. When you exit the vehicle, check to ensure you have everything. Laptops and mobile telephones are commonly left in our vehicles, but happily reunited with their owners soon after.
- Q?IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE SOME LAST MINUTE ADJUSTMENTS TO MY TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS INVOLVING TRAVEL TO PLACES NOT ON THE ORIGINAL MANDATE. OR WHERE A DIFFERENT TIME AND DATE IS INVOLVED?
Firstly, last minute changes inevitably have scheduling and timing consequences for the rest of the day and affect our other customers. Secondly, depending on the length of journey and the time of day or night required, this may involve extra driving hours, inhibit rest times and impact on safety, upon which we will not compromise. Generally, we will attempt to find a satisfactory solution, but it should be appreciated that this is not always possible. We would also remind customers that in view of the fact that Airline tickets are usually purchased at least 24 hours before the flight, there is no excuse for booking the transfer to the airport at the last minute.